Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint protection, how long should it last?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Suntek Ultra PPF put on the front of my car in December 2019 when brand new.
I just noticed when washing the car today that it is lifting slightly in the front bottom corner of the bumper and trapping dirt that is super noticeable under the film.
I have had this on numerous cars and never noticed it coming off before, is this to be expected ? Should I go back to the installer or is this just wear and tear?

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
I have had this on numerous cars and never noticed it coming off before, is this to be expected ? Should I go back to the installer or is this just wear and tear?
Six months after having Paint Protection Film installed on my BMW M2, the guy detailing the car called me over and pointed out these white spots which had developed.

Called the guy who had installed the PPF, he scheduled his earliest day for me to bring my car in, and he removed the PPF from the area the spots had developed and installed new film.

As someone said above, it depends on your installer, but any reputable installer should replace any defective or lifting film during the 10 year warranty period.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Took it to the installer today and he was not happy with what happened and told me he was going to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer, so it is looking promising.
Thanks for the great replies!
Keep on your installer as it sounds like an installation issue rather than the manufacturer. But whatever he needs to repair the job I am all for it. Good luck!

If lifting happens within 2 weeks of installation you can take it back to your installer and they should be able to lay it down really quickly. If lifting happens any time after 2 weeks its usually a wash and wipe issues, which can most likely be repaired. We offer this service for free to our clients and sometimes clients that our not ours. If you want more information you can call our office 818-905-5678

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
I had Suntek Ultra PPF put on the front of my car in December 2019 when brand new.
I just noticed when washing the car today that it is lifting slightly in the front bottom corner of the bumper and trapping dirt that is super noticeable under the film.
Depends on the company, some may tell you to bugger off and others may deal with it. We offer a full lifetime workmanship warranty on our installations and would warranty that for as long as you own the vehicle.

If for any reason they won't stand behind their work, let us know and we will help you trim it, if need be, free of cost. 👍

Reactions: stickercity.com
Took it to the installer today and he was not happy with what happened and told me he was going to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer, so it is looking promising.
Thanks for the great replies!
I thought you were in Vancouver for some reason. Regardless lifting edges isn't a manufacturer warranty. This is on the installer, from the description you gave, and he should simply fix it for you.