Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection in Charlotte area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had mine done at Pro Tint in Kannapolis, just north of the speedway. Full wrap in Xpel Ultimate and tinted the windows with PhotoSync 45. Nice guys and they did a good job.

Just a heads up that in the end, I decided to also get a full wrap by Pro Tint in Kannapolis. Its not cheap, but given my car already has 32k miles on it and 2 years of wear and tear, it was only a small difference between front wrap + paint correction + full cQuartz Finest coating vs. full wrap + cQuartz Finest coating.

Just a heads up that in the end, I decided to also get a full wrap by Pro Tint in Kannapolis. Its not cheap, but given my car already has 32k miles on it and 2 years of wear and tear, it was only a small difference between front wrap + paint correction + full cQuartz Finest coating vs. full wrap + cQuartz Finest coating.

Do they believe the wrap will cover the stuff that paint correction would fix...or is your car more scratch free than mine was? The big part of my cost was paint correction and cQuartz costs some, but was not as much as the paint correction work was.

BTW, the paint armor (I have factory paint armor) did its job this morning with a damn truck throwing rock chips, saving a couple of nicks in my hood. I did take a chip hit on the driver's A pillar that will need to be touched up. This tractor-trailer was like being behind a hail storm of little rocks. Not sure why, but I changed lanes faster than I ever have.

Do they believe the wrap will cover the stuff that paint correction would fix...or is your car more scratch free than mine was? The big part of my cost was paint correction and cQuartz costs some, but was not as much as the paint correction work was.

Your detailer and mine felt that most of the stuff paint correction would fix will disappear once XPel Ultimate is applied. Additionally, he will be applying cQuartz Finest over it, so I should have a great finish. While I didn't have tremendously deep swirls and spiders, I did have a volume of them. My paint correction was going to be around $1k, which tipped the scales to getting a full wrap b/c of price of a full wrap on a car with a pano roof. If it helps to paint the picture (excuse the pun), paint correction + coating = 20+ hours. Coating only = 7 hours.

Hey folks—

Any updates re: wrap/coating in Charlotte area?

My son is picking up his 3 next month and wants to protect it.

Thx

X Fan,

Can I be of any assistance to you? I am a new sponsor to the forum. My business specializes in Paint protection film and Modesta Coatings. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. For additional information here is our site www.paintprotectionofcharlotte.com
Thanks David

X Fan,

Can I be of any assistance to you? I am a new sponsor to the forum. My business specializes in Paint protection film and Modesta Coatings. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. For additional information here is our site www.paintprotectionofcharlotte.com
Thanks David

Thx....I passed your info to him this evening.

Reactions: DavidPurser
Just had my Model 3 ceramic coated by CMC Detailing in Charlotte. They'd done my Model S with Opticoat back in 2013, then recoated with CQuartz in 2016 after another "detailer" put nasty swirls in the paint. They do a great job, very obsessive. Never had to wax either car. And the wheels stay clean, no brake dust. Supposedly won't protect from scratches but the guy who bought my 5 year old Model S said he'd never seen a car with so few chips/nicks. I didn't get PPF (on either car) and don't think I needed it.

Reactions: Drucifer