Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Recommendations in Michigan?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to be taking delivery of my X100D on 3/28, hopefully! :)
I have read a lot on the forums about various paint protection products and am wondering if any fellow Tesla owners in Michigan have had products such as XPEL, OptiCoat applied to your Teslas? Do you think it is necessary? If so, what business in Michigan would you recommend to do the application and/or what product would you recommend?

Thanks!

I am going to be taking delivery of my X100D on 3/28, hopefully! :)
I have read a lot on the forums about various paint protection products and am wondering if any fellow Tesla owners in Michigan have had products such as XPEL, OptiCoat applied to your Teslas? Do you think it is necessary? If so, what business in Michigan would you recommend to do the application and/or what product would you recommend?

Thanks!

Congrats on the new X100D!

At a minimum, we'd recommend wrapping the full front end, as it's the most prone to rock chips and damage. Typically this can run between 1800 - 2100, sometimes higher/lower depending on the market and vehicle.

Where in Michigan are you? We have quite a few installers spread throughout Michigan, to find a full list please visit: XPEL Michigan

Congrats! What an exciting time! I would ABSOLUTELY put something on that paint, and at LEAST a front end clear bra. I have a 2014 S, started with opticoat pro, then later had some body work done a needed to redo the car...upgraded to C-quartz finest. SO much happier with the C-quartz. I didn't have the cash to clear bra the S at the time...MAJOR REGRETS. My 2016 pearl white X has C-quartz finest plus a full frontal clear bra. We're VERY happy.

We only deal with Marc Harris of Autolavish. He's phenomenal! His attention to detail is amazing, and he's a stand up guy.

Clear bra...Larry Mullin of Michigan clear auto bra...He's the cream of the crop. I'm SUPER uptight about the paint on my cars (known as the" crazy lady with the tesla", my 7 year old is trained to close doors only by the handles, according touching the paint), Larry and Marc are the ONLY people that touch our cars.

The ease of cleaning (I hand wash the S, touchless wash the X) is fantastic. The clear coating makes a HUGE difference. I'm more than happy to talk more if you need to. Protecting your paint is worth EVERY dime! :)

I just had my Model 3 fully wrapped in XPEL Ultimate at Great Lakes Clear Bra by Mark Hamelink in Grand Rapids. Beautiful job, but it took 2.5 days which caused separation anxiety between me and my new car.

Now it looks great. I had the door sills done as well since it’s very sandy up here (Traverse City area). He custom-cut out all the sensor locations since I was paranoid and did not want to possibly impact the EAP.

The shop it was done in was beautiful and my Tesla was the least expensive car in the shop.

I was told to use: microfiber towels, Eagle One wipe and shine detailing spray, Lucas Slick Mist detailing wax and XPEL protective film sealant (2-4 times a year). On to Costco and Amazon since those are new responsibilities for me.

It was done so well, I had to “feel” for the edges on the door sills and look extremely close at the edges on the frunk and trunk. Lovely.