TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Paint protection

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by rsk12, Apr 23, 2018.

1. rsk12

rsk12 Member

Hello group

I got a quote for partial paint protection with Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film for $715. Is that a reasonable quote. Attached pic shows what will be protected.

Thanks
    rsk Capture1.JPG

2. DMack

DMack Member

I wouldn't pay any money for a partial wrap because of the visible/unsightly seam you'll see on your hood and fender.
    just pay the extra $$ to have the entire hood and fenders wrapped.

• Like x 1
  3. Nikki's Dad

Nikki's Dad Member

Sounds about right but have to agree with DMack. I had all forward facing surfaces covered for $1600. Then had Opti-coat put on the entire car. She is beautiful.

• Like x 1
  4. timvracer

timvracer Member

Yup, do the whole front clip... $1400-$1600 sounds right. Totally worth it.

5. rsk12

rsk12 Member

Thanks for your responses guys.

6. Rider

Rider Member

How do you wash it after you do that? I want to wrap but I don’t want to hand wash (I’m too lazy).

7. XPEL

XPEL Vendor

That is a good price for a partial front end as it typically runs $895 - $1,195. As others have mentioned though, doing the full front end (full hood and fenders) will make it much more invisible and easier to maintain/wash. A full frontal wrap ranges from $1,895 - $2,195 typically.

And if y'all haven't seen our new video yet, check out the ULTIMATE PLUS launch video to see the rigorous tests we put the film through.
    - -