Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint quality on brand new X LR+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After picking up my new MX LR+ last Monday, I finally got around to washing it today allowing me to really see the finish. I knew going in to this Tesla journey that it likely wasn’t going to be the fit and finish of my (still) German built Audi SQ5, but I’ve come across sow several things that I’m wondering what I should do.

in general, panel gaps and alignment are decent, not perfect, but as good as I was expecting. Of concern though is a very faint “pucker” on the left falcon door panel just above the upper right ridge and below window. It’s like a reverse dent, almost like when the we’re assembling the interior panels in it, they pushed something too hard or something hit the inside of the panel, making a visible bump in the glossy finish when looking at a shallow angle along the body. It is minor, but definitely visible at the right angle and just really unfortunate.

Then, the paint- I noticed many areas where the base coat had was seemed like a tiny bubble that burst, showing the light primer underneath and then the clear coat over is fine. Again, these are really minor, and you don’t see them unless detailing the car up close. But now little things are stacking up...

Lastly, on the passenger A-pillar, again in the base coat, about a thumb print side area of what almost looks like painted over corrosion (really probably just some contaminant on the primer) but again, good clear coat over it.

Anyone have experience with this on their X (or other model) and did you have any success in getting it resolved? My concern is I know what it takes to fix these and I’m worried about doing more harm than good. In the grand scheme it’s all fairly minor, but this is an expensive car and I guess I hoped some of those quality issues would be better by now.