Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to buy a Model Y in the near future, but I am growing concerned with all the posts for Model 3 and Y paint issues. I was wondering if these are still isolated cases where the car paint looks sandblasted from the wheel kicking up road debris, or is this the case for the vast majority of owners? I currently have a 10 year old Toyota and it has several rock chips on the hood, but nothing down by the wheels. I can live with a few here and there, but some of these the posts I have seen look horrible after a few thousand miles!

It’s not great paint coming from modern European car standards. I knew this before buying but still am very happy with my decision to get a Y. The car and tech makes up for that in so many ways.

When the time comes I plan there will be a thorough detail and paint repair correction sometime in the first few years, but then again the price went down by several thousand between when I made the decision to buy and took delivery so it’s a wash.