Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Repair Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The color match is good, but application can be frustrating. the solvent they send does a great job at cleaning the touch up paint off of the surrounding areas, but it's pretty hard to not get it on the area that you want the paint to be.

• Informative
Reactions: chronopc
I'm having the hardest time getting the paint to stay on.

you basically can't use the method that they tell you to in the instructional video. I got my best results by taking a very fine soft brush and lightly applying the paint directly to the chip. I took another brush and put the solvent on it to clean the area around the chip after 15 minutes or so. The solvent will set and you should be able to wipe away excess without much trouble.

it really is a pain in the ass.

you basically can't use the method that they tell you to in the instructional video. I got my best results by taking a very fine soft brush and lightly applying the paint directly to the chip. I took another brush and put the solvent on it to clean the area around the chip after 15 minutes or so. The solvent will set and you should be able to wipe away excess without much trouble.

it really is a pain in the ass.
Thanks. I'll give that technique a shot.