Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Touch up kits - Tesla kit or others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what the service guy told me for blue bumper but he didn't look it up he just said it's prob around $900 installed because I was talking about ppf. I assume price varies by color and maybe where you are. The Tesla places that do body work prob can order it painted. Someone else in the forum already did it and the back bumper is even cheaper.

This thread someone did the back bumper.

Bumper Cover Replacement Cost and Color Match

Last edited:
That's what the service guy told me in NY for blue bumper. I assume price varies by color and maybe where you are. Someone else in the forum already did it and the back bumper is even cheaper. This thread someone did the back bumper and someone else dropped in saying they got the front in white.

Bumper Cover Replacement Cost and Color Match

Its great -- I cut up the front bumper on my 997 Turbo to install a GT3 vent and mesh. If I screwed up I'd be looking at a couple thousand $ mistake with paint LOL. Maybe I should rice out the front of my Tesla bumper :D

Just a general comment about Pearl White PPSW.
I ordered a Paint touchup kit-the color is more silver than white-It doesn't match at all. Tesla won't take it back and gave me instructions that I needed to apply the paint 3-6 layers---I gave up on Tesla paint product for Pearl White and bought ColorNDrive through Amazon and have been much more satisfied-90% close to match.

I ordered a Paint touchup kit-the color is more silver than white-It doesn't match at all. Tesla won't take it back and gave me instructions that I needed to apply the paint 3-6 layers---I gave up on Tesla paint product for Pearl White and bought ColorNDrive through Amazon and have been much more satisfied-90% close to match.

Don't give up. I just had the same fight with Tesla. Gave me same instructions about the multiple coats. I told them I would not have bought the repair kit if I knew that and no where on their website does it mention about those special instructions of multiple coats for the Pearl White and they finally caved and gave me a refund. They said they understand the frustration and will be in amending the website soon for the Pearl White. Might check out your recommendation as I'm still looking for a better touch up.

I polished my hood a few days ago with meguires ultimate polish and a harbor freight orbital polisher. It changed my blue touch up paint from grey to a perfect match. I think what we are seeing as grey is a layer that needs to come off.

Someone else try this on the white.

Did the colorndrive for the Pearl white come with 2 different paint bottles for a multicoat application or just 1 paint bottle? I'm definitely interested in the collective based on your results.

Did the colorndrive for the Pearl white come with 2 different paint bottles for a multicoat application or just 1 paint bottle? I'm definitely interested in the collective based on your results.
Yes-it comes with two jars of paint-the second one is for the metallic tint. I found that I could be satisfied with just the first white paint as after applying the second paint-it looked too gray. No problem-they give you a solution to wipe it off. Much better than the Tesla product that doesn't have adequate instructions. For $39-good buy!

Don't give up. I just had the same fight with Tesla. Gave me same instructions about the multiple coats. I told them I would not have bought the repair kit if I knew that and no where on their website does it mention about those special instructions of multiple coats for the Pearl White and they finally caved and gave me a refund. They said they understand the frustration and will be in amending the website soon for the Pearl White. Might check out your recommendation as I'm still looking for a better touch up.
Thanks for the encouragement! I bought ColorNdrive for the second time. The first bottle dries out after 3-4 months. It comes with two jars of paint-the second one is for the metallic tint. I found that I could be satisfied with just the first white paint as after applying the second paint-it looked too gray. No problem-they give you a solution to wipe it off. Much better than the Tesla product that doesn't have adequate instructions. For $39-good buy!

I just want to point out that you can buy the front bumper painted from tesla for cheaper than getting it PPF installed.

I used the OEM Tesla touch-up paint. It works but don't follow the instructions and rub it with the blending solution. The blending solution just turns the paint grey. Just use the paint and the blending solution if you mess up and need to remove some.
It might be gray, regardless. I never used the blending solution and my Pearl White Multi-Coat touch up paint still came out gray.