Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint work at delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Recieved my M3P last week, it had some scratches on the interior and on the exterior. The guy that delivered my the car told me i had 2 days to report the issues and make an appointment at the Tesla app. So the very next day I sent in a request for an appointment with pictures. Today I notice that it in my Tesla app says there is an estimate of 120$ to fix these issues. Is this standard? I surely cant be at fault for scrathes that were there before delivery?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Recieved my M3P last week, it had some scratches on the interior and on the exterior. The guy that delivered my the car told me i had 2 days to report the issues and make an appointment at the Tesla app. So the very next day I sent in a request for an appointment with pictures. Today I notice that it in my Tesla app says there is an estimate of 120$ to fix these issues. Is this standard? I surely cant be at fault for scrathes that were there before delivery?
Thanks in advance!
Try the Scandinavian forum, since Tesla Delivery and Service Centers seem to vary a bit from country-to-country.

Did you work with a vehicle/sales advisor? If so I would reach out to him/her. I bought my car certified pre-owned and they were great about fixing a few scratches I noticed after I picked it up. I was honestly pretty shocked.
No I basically noted the faults in the app - then got a message asking if I had filled out a form at delivery to register these faults, which I found odd, as the guy delivering my car told me I had to write it on the app.
Just wanted to know if Tesla are putting in these number for "themselves" for them to estimate the costs for what it would cost them, or if these are costs that I have to cover. But the weird thing is that there is an "agree to these costs" box on the app to accept the costs, which seems extremely shady to me. Planning on calling them tomorrow to see whats going on.

No I basically noted the faults in the app - then got a message asking if I had filled out a form at delivery to register these faults, which I found odd, as the guy delivering my car told me I had to write it on the app.
Just wanted to know if Tesla are putting in these number for "themselves" for them to estimate the costs for what it would cost them, or if these are costs that I have to cover. But the weird thing is that there is an "agree to these costs" box on the app to accept the costs, which seems extremely shady to me. Planning on calling them tomorrow to see whats going on.

The “please accept these costs” box is their normal procedure for both goodwill and warranty repairs. It’s unconventional but I don’t think you’ll have any issue at all.

Don't know if it applies equally to all countries and all delivery processes, but I had touchless delivery in the USA at the Colma, CA delivery center last year (state was still under partial lockdown from Covid-19) and I reported issues in the app on the same day of delivery and they are being fixed for free (as they should).

It might be different if instead you had a rep with you and they might have had a "due bill paper". However, if the rep told you to report it on the app instead, you can mention that back in response and maybe even say the rep's name. You should not be expected to pay anything given the issues were there at delivery.

Thank your for your replies. I have contacted Tesla and the guy told me its just a formal thing, that I wouldnt be charged for the damages. Will keep you updated in case someone runs in to the same issues in the future.