Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 new paint finishes - Quicksilver and Midnight Cherry Red …

Reactions: GT_M3
They replace Midnight Silver and Multicoat Red, so still only 5 to pick from. Also implies UK isn't getting cars from Berlin any time soon as we can only pick the old colours.

Screenshot_20221021-090203~2.png

They replace Midnight Silver and Multicoat Red, so still only 5 to pick from. Also implies UK isn't getting cars from Berlin any time soon as we can only pick the old colours.
No you're wrong I heard from someone that Berlin was going to be making MYPs and M3Ps and stuff for the UK, even though Europe is all LHD and Shanghai is already doing RHD just fine! My mate's brothers friend heard it from a tech! ;)

Mazda red. Just more expensive. Bit cynical because this is the colour I thought my Model 3 was going to be. Unfortunately the old multicoat was a dull flat boring red. Apparently its going to be free upgrade for those who have ordered already (EU lhd?). But not sure if the silver is a good replacement for the grey though!

“Both are made from highly-pigmented metallic paint, designed to change depending on viewing angle & light”

Does this imply that the paint will be difficult to match should one need to touch up, feather, or repaint a panel? Might a repainted area be visible from some angles and not others?