Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted Aero covers. White and silver. See them here.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. To each their own.

I'm going to call you out on the cleaning though. These cars use the brakes so little that you don't get brake dust buildup.
It's one of my favorite things about the car! My 19" sport wheels are basically always shiny. It's awesome.
My cleaning comment comes from experience. After almost half a million miles of EV driving, I'm intimately familiar with the lack of brake dust. But that isn't all that gets wheels dirty. I'm here to tell you that shiny silver (like your paint and my silver set of covers) *appear* clean and shiny for a long time....Silver hides a lot of sins. But the whites almost immediately show road dirt/dust. From a short distance they look perfectly clean and "just-polished" but they absolutely show dirt after just a few miles. My comment about cleaning white-painted wheels is an extrapolation from this.

That said, I DO occasionally use the brakes hard when I'm out on the twisty backroads. And I do get noticeable brake dust after 100 miles of that. Only way to be fast is to use the brakes hard! And a side benefit is that occasional real use of the brakes makes them noticeably more effective when you need (or want!) them.

I dunno why, but I see sand dollars attached to your wheels.
iu.jpg

Hey, getting off topic a bit, but in these photos I also notice that it looks like your front license plate is tattooed on the bumper. Tell me more!
Indeed it is true. It is a Calif DMV pilot program, and I love it! wish I could run one on the back as well. Makes cleaning SO much easier, and doesn't screw up the nose aero. I carry an official DMV document in the glove box to make me legal. I thought I posted a thread on this, but maybe I'm dreaming.

I see you're in Sacramento. Send me an email, and I can tell you a bit more. You too can be as cool as I am!

darelldd, and I use googles email service....

Attachments

• 190407.016.JPG
    190407.016.JPG
    477.9 KB · Views: 115
Indeed it is true. It is a Calif DMV pilot program, and I love it! wish I could run one on the back as well. Makes cleaning SO much easier, and doesn't screw up the nose aero. I carry an official DMV document in the glove box to make me legal. I thought I posted a thread on this, but maybe I'm dreaming.

I see you're in Sacramento. Send me an email, and I can tell you a bit more. You too can be as cool as I am!

darelldd, and I use googles email service....
Sweet. Except rumor has it that removing the official Tesla front plate mount is kinda fatal to the bumper. Had I only known 15 months ago.

View attachment 464425

When I was trying to decide what to do with my aero covers, I desperately wanted to see images from those who had done it. There were precious few at the time, so I thought I'd toss this up there to help others. I bought a second set of covers and painted one set to match the white, and one in metallic silver. Here they are in comparison with the bare wheel (sorry that I don't have a factory gray one to put in the mix.

I found a local pro who does projects on the side. Cost $150 per set. They are REALLY nicely done. Interesting how the slots look smaller on the white ones, right? It is because the white doesn't make the dark shadows.

And now perhaps my new avatar makes sense. :)
Would your guy ship? I'm REALLY wanting all white covers for my 21' M3