Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted "Black Bubble" front bumper of a 2016 or older Tesla Model S

Has anyone ever Painted the "Black Bubble" front end bumper of a 2016 or older Tesla Model S the same color as the car? I want to do this but don't know where to go in Chicago or if it is something Tesla would support. Will it hurt any of the car's functionality?

Attachments

• 20210502_132324.jpg
    20210502_132324.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 43

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I have seen a white 85 (not sure what year) that had its nosecone painted or wrapped white. Was a pretty close match but wasn't close enough to determine if it was painted or wrapped.
If you do it, I would avoid painting or wrapping the little round parking sensors if your car is equipped with those (originally supplied with the Tech Package, and later standard equipment).

Upvote 0

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC