Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted Brake Calipers Collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC community,

I recently got my brake calipers painted and thought I'd put together a thread of pictures of other users who have done the same to theirs. Reason being is because when I was researching colors to choose from and make my decision their weren't a lot of reference photos available of any unique colors. Thinking this could be a great resource for other people that were in the same boat as me at the time. Curious to see what colors people have chosen for their model 3's!

Bronze Gold (custom color)
IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

Not a unique color, but here are mine, did them myself with the items linked below.

for a DIY this came out really clean! have you had experience painting calipers before? Also I think the red compliments your rims really well. kudos.

How much does it cost to get the calipers painted? (I have stock 18 Inch wheels)

prices can vary, I paid $440 for mine.

for a DIY this came out really clean! have you had experience painting calipers before? Also I think the red compliments your rims really well. kudos.

Thanks! No experience. It wasn’t bad other than the time it took due to me only being able to lift one side of the car at a time and the two hours you’re supposed to wait for it to dry before putting the wheels back on. That made it about an 8 hour project plus 24 hours for the paint to cure before driving.

Reactions: stodium
Thanks! No experience. It wasn’t bad other than the time it took due to me only being able to lift one side of the car at a time and the two hours you’re supposed to wait for it to dry before putting the wheels back on. That made it about an 8 hour project plus 24 hours for the paint to cure before driving.

Did you use G2 also (kind of sounds like it with the 24 hr cure)? How did you stretch it out over 8 hours? Doesnt the epoxy/hardener mix harden up after a few hours? Did you mix small batches?

I've been waiting to do mine when it cools down a bit weather-wise so the mixture doesnt harden up as quickly. I've heard of people mixing separate batches, but I read that it can be less precise because of the bottle the hardener comes in?

Did you use G2 also (kind of sounds like it with the 24 hr cure)? How did you stretch it out over 8 hours? Doesnt the epoxy/hardener mix harden up after a few hours? Did you mix small batches?

I've been waiting to do mine when it cools down a bit weather-wise so the mixture doesnt harden up as quickly. I've heard of people mixing separate batches, but I read that it can be less precise because of the bottle the hardener comes in?

Yeah, G2. I jacked up one side of the car enough to remove both front and rear wheels. Did those two calipers, 20 min between coats, waited 2 hours after last coat, then put the wheels back on, jacked up the other side and did those calipers. The paint was mixed for around 4-5 hours during usage time and was ok. Hot as hell in Florida garage, probably over 100 degrees - I kept the paint inside air conditioned house in between coats.