TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Painted lower trim, where? how much?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Gurujeff03, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Gurujeff03

Gurujeff03 New Member

I have a white 2012 signature P85 and I want to get the lower trim painted to match the car. Has anyone had this done and do you have suggestions as to where to get the work done as well as how much it would cost. I'm in the central valley of Ca (Fresno). wouldn't be too much to go over the bay area but would prefer closer.

Thanks in advance

2. OLD BOATER

OLD BOATER Member

I had the door pulls wrapped to match my while car, but was told they could not wrap the materiel of the trim parts as you suggested. I then went to a custom painter and was quoted $2,000. to remove, sand, prime and paint the parts. Hope this helps a bit...

3. MGMDaware

MGMDaware Member

plasti dip. Super easy and inexpensive. If you're not willing to try yourself (via youtube instructions), I am sure there are several shops nearby that can give you a quote. Will be a fraction of the cost of painting and is completely reversible at any time.

• Like x 1
  4. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I would try to buy the ones that are on the refresh version and have those painted. They are smooth and are designed to be painted.