Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted my MYLR calipers and threw on Uberturbines.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked it up last night and got to work. I painted the front and also the rear caliper + rear cover from Tsportline. Its VHT Burnt Copper engine enamel with Spraymax 2k on top…it really pops with the blue. Also put on the stock MYP CF spoiler. Got more to do today!

4A644329-3CEC-4888-9318-7F583739238E.jpeg
E14B32B3-7AB8-443E-A13F-4533C162BCC7.jpeg
5AF3DE6B-ADCC-4F2A-8D51-E05D70337F16.jpeg
9485566A-C255-41B3-A67B-B8469AE1109C.jpeg
08B1C27C-B0E1-49EF-86A3-95DE208DE169.jpeg

Looks good.
Just out of curiosity, what's the point of making your MYLR to MYP when you are not? No harm intended, never got to understand the logic behind it.
No worries, I didn’t get the MYP due to the stiff and lowered suspension. I have a track car for spirited driving, this is my family car so I need the LR softer ride. I’m not making it to look like an MYP, I like how the Uberturbines look and I always mod my cars. The gold calipers are something I’ve always wanted to do and I think they came out cool!

Reactions: SteveFromNY
Where did you get those decals? Looks great!
Also i'm curious on the covers in the back. I've been curious if I can get the OEM Performance rear brake caliper cover on the LR (Apparently they are the same now).
Can you take a picture of the rear setup
I got them here. It’s the only place I could find the smaller dont decals, everybody else sells the huge ones.

I got the rear caliper covers as a set from
Tsportline, it’s the only set I’ve seen where it assembles well. It uses the back of the caliper rather than the part where it can touch the rotor, so it’s much safer and more secure fit. The others always seem flimsy. I was originally trying to find the OEM cover from tesla but it requires drilling into the caliper and it actually looks cheap.

Here are some more pics of my process for the rears.

Last edited:
Where did you get the 9" screen? What are your first impressions of it?
I got it from Hansshow. It’s better for viewing the speedo right in the center and I’m now able to use CarPlay on it which is great. I haven’t been able to figure out how to play pandora on this via the car’s speakers however, and I think it might not be possible. But having CarPlay for my calls and messaging is great.

Reactions: fredzos
you stated the carbon dash has different clips, but your dash is CF, were you able to install it or what's currently on there? It's one of the things i want to do first on my Y, but concerns about parts fitting on the 2023
I was just test fitting it, the pic that you see, it’s not clipped in. Basically the pre2023 ones have straight clips that go into the car, 2023 has angled clips. Hard to see but here is a comparison.
Top is the aftermarket dash, bottom is stock 2023.

8F165D6F-89AD-40E4-91BF-3C36CBF7612E.jpeg