Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted Nose Cone - Looks Great (IMO)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So someone asked for more angle photos, its too bad it isn't sunny out right now, because that's when you can really see the difference...here they are:
IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

Brown Nose Cone

I was inspired by the green nose cone and decide to have mine painted to match the Brown body color. The sun is reflecting directly on it, so it looks a bit brighter than normal.
9973401796_a587d80deb_z.jpg

Only negative thing I can say about it is that you really notice how much the nose cone sticks out. It makes the front end look more bulbous. But under "normal" lighting conditions, it blends in really well with the car.
9973755783_d560f2cbc0_z.jpg

9973619165_6e791bd729_z.jpg

Attachments

• 9973401796_a587d80deb.jpg
    9973401796_a587d80deb.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
Oh no, I didn't mean this in reference to your comment, Brian! I just meant that, generally speaking, it seems that people are pretty vocal in their dislike for brown cars. BTW -- didn't think that was such a bad pun!

Reactions: stevem
You asked, you receive. Just got back from the amazing guys at J&B Body Works. When I was leaving, Anthony (Joe is the owner, Anthony, his nephew is #2), suggested actually experimenting and swapping the paint, 'extending the look of the hood and accentuating the Tesla logo"...that might look good as well. IMO, this below should be the standard look, much better than all black. Took one pic with the license plate, one without, for those states that don't require a front plate.

View attachment 29523View attachment 29524

Looks like you were prescient about the Model X, Model ☰, and Model S refresh look!

I love these and was thinking of doing something similar. Additionally, I wanted to black out or color match the chrome below the horizontal piece (that crosses below the "T"). This would leave only the upper arch and horizontal chrome, which matches the refresh look.

here's another painted nosecone for y'all....along with a little treat further below...
Hey Cowby, did you/they do any special prep for the CF wrap (presumably) on the skirt. That is the surface which feels very uneven before treatment, right? And I guess, how is it holding up??

Love these painted nosecones, looking at getting the Midnight Silver under the logo while she's getting paint protection and tint this week.