Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painted rear valance for prefacelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning on doing this to mine. Smooth out and paint body color on the lower sides and gloss black on the center light grey area. I actually prefer the pre-facelift rear to the new one, except for the light grey color. I've been told by a couple body shops that they can do this. I will also get the refresh hood, front bumper, and smooth/paint the side skirts.

I am planning on doing this to mine. Smooth out and paint body color on the lower sides and gloss black on the center light grey area. I actually prefer the pre-facelift rear to the new one, except for the light grey color. I've been told by a couple body shops that they can do this. I will also get the refresh hood, front bumper, and smooth/paint the side skirts.

The light grey bothers me so much. I tried bumper black and it worked on lower sides not on the light grey. Which only made it stand out more

I actually did the facelift bumper and painted the side skirts already.

I was quoted $250 for rear 3 pieces. I had the front bumper and side skirts primered and painted for $600

The light grey bothers me so much. I tried bumper black and it worked on lower sides not on the light grey. Which only made it stand out more

I actually did the facelift bumper and painted the side skirts already.

I was quoted $250 for rear 3 pieces. I had the front bumper and side skirts primered and painted for $600

That's pretty cheap, I would just go for it. Did the side skirts come out well? If they did I'm sure they wont have issues doing the rear.

Side skirts came out good. Was a bit of a pain to remove due to the shallow bolts holding them on plus the number of bolts/push pins that needed to be removed. Overkill imo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 139