Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting Brake Calipers in the SF Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20140817_190842_resized.jpg
20140817_190850_resized_1.jpg
20140817_190900_resized_1.jpg
20140818_132907_resized.jpg
20140818_132920_resized.jpg
20140818_140320_resized.jpg
20140818_140326_resized_1.jpg
I did my Brake Calipers in Electric Green! I would love to share the picture. But I don't know how to upload pictures? any advice!

Last edited:
All of these DIY jobs look great. If I got the G2 kit, do I have to jack up the entire car to get the paint on (removing all wheels at once) or can I do one wheel at a time? I don't have the equipment to hold the entire car up but can get one side up at a time using a jack. If I need to get the whole car raised, what equipment do you guys recommend and where can I purchase from? And, how much $$$ are we talking about? Thanks much.

uh no offense, but those don't look like painted calipers to me. Those look like the those cheap knock off brembo calipers that anyone could buy off ebay or amazon for $15. I could be wrong but they really do look like those cheap things. Even if they are painted, I'd rather have 'Tesla' decal on it than 'brembo'.
Brembo is the OEM supplier for Tesla Model S brakes.

- - - Updated - - -

I own two shops, mechanic (Carolan Auto Tech) and auto body shop (United Auto Collision Center) back to back a block away from the Tesla showroom in Burlingame. We actually do some of the outsource body work for Zim, the owner of Top Line on California :).

My fully loaded P85+ is scheduled to be picked up on Dec 23rd!!! Exciting!! I plan to repaint the entire car as well as the calipers, if you decide to want your calipers painted or anything else worked on let me know! A new soon to be Tesla owner and would love to take care of my fellow Tesla owners :)...

Larry
Thanks Larry.