Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting brakes what color?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to post a thread previously but apparently it never went through.

What color brakes do you think would look best on the red MS with silver wheels and original chrome accents?

Red like everyone else?
Or something new like yellow, orange, light green, white, or some metallic silver type?

Someone should do pink. Probably a female someone, but still someone.

Opposite the color wheel from red is green, but that gives us Christmas colors.

I would do red or black with a red car. With a silver or more neutral car I would probably do a deep blue.

Silver will not show. A deep red could work.

I think red would look good in this case.

For me I'm thinking of what would look best with obsidian black and grey wheels. The red would work, but I'd like yellow for Georgia Tech reasons. I can't decide how it would look.

Here are some mock-ups. I'm against red because everyone has it, but after seeing it, it might look the best?

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.50.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.52.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.53.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.54.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.54.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.55.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.57.49 AM.png

if you have a red MS and silver wheels, i think a bright white paint with black lettering would work.

everyone else has red.

Here"s mine.
pearl white
black wheels with chrome lip
yellow brembo calipers
#PearlWhiteModelS with #S104 HREs - YouTube

Nice look!

Plastidip makes it easy to change out the colors if you don't like it. I think you're right, white brakes would look good on a red car.

I did red, but darker than factory red, with grey lettering of the same shade as the rims.

Hard to see clearly, but the best I can do on short notice here

Where would one go to have their calipers painted? Also does the lettering look like Tesla's, is there some template out there they can use? Also how long would it take?

This thread gets me thinking that painting the calipers may be my next upgrade to my MS. Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Father Bill

Where would one go to have their calipers painted? Also does the lettering look like Tesla's, is there some template out there they can use? Also how long would it take?

This thread gets me thinking that painting the calipers may be my next upgrade to my MS. Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Father Bill

We've got the same car on the outside. Changing the brake color would definitely improve the look. But on a red car, red brakes seem overkill.

Do you know what color wheels you eventually want?