TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Painting Caliper on or off the car

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mygr8, Jan 31, 2018.

Tags:
?

Method of painting calipers

Poll closed Feb 7, 2018.
  1. Painted while on the Car - back of the calipers not painted

57.1%
  2. Taken off the Car and Fully Painted

42.9%
  1. Mygr8

Mygr8 Member

I'm debating between having the calipers painted while they are on the car versus having them removed and then painted. If they are removed, the entire caliper would be painted versus only the front and as far back as they can get if it is still installed.

The cost difference is pretty significant. The cost for having them painted on the car is $300 for the set. As apposed to $1,100 for the set, if they have to be removed, painted, reinstalled and the brake lines bled.

Although I realize that even when the calipers are painted on the car, no one will know they are not painted in the back. I will know and that bugs me a bit. Not sure if it bugs me enough to pay almost four times as much.

I would like to poll the members on this forum and get your opinions please. Also please provide input if you've decided one way or another with your car.

Thanks in advance.

2. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Active Member

I'm getting mine painted on the car this weekend.

• Like x 1