Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Painting Calipers--E Brake Caliper

BamaATL

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I had mine done. Pic attached.

Attachments

• D95200A9-64F8-48F4-BBD8-06B46AA6CF6F.jpeg
    D95200A9-64F8-48F4-BBD8-06B46AA6CF6F.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 168

iyordanov

Global Vendor
May 31, 2021
Bay Area
Just FYI, if you want to do it cheaper (not as cool as painted of course, but much cheaper) you can try this:

Just FYI, if you want to do it cheaper (not as cool as painted of course, but much cheaper) you can try this:
Looks cheap and ugly, and won't last long as well.

Mine’s been on for almost a year now. Looks the same as the day I installed it, so longevity doesn’t appear to be an issue. It’s made with calipers vinyl after all.
I also love the color accent but obviously I am biased 🙄
I understand you're the vendor, but "calipers vinyl" is not the material.

Scotchlite 680 has a service temperature range of -34C to +93C. Any actual braking will bring calipers to above that temperature.

x080 films have even less heat resistance.

According to 3M it's also pretty damn permanent: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b00020988/

iyordanov

Global Vendor
May 31, 2021
Bay Area
I understand you're the vendor, but "calipers vinyl" is not the material.

Scotchlite 680 has a service temperature range of -34C to +93C. Any actual braking will bring calipers to above that temperature.

x080 films have even less heat resistance.

According to 3M it's also pretty damn permanent: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b00020988/
The break pads can get hot, the design of the calipers shells where this vinyl goes is such that they never reach anywhere near that temperature. I’ve conducted a lot of tests before releasing this product and I can confidently say - this won’t melt. Also sold thousands of these and so far 0 melted, and judging by the kind of feedback I receive I am sure if it melted for anyone I would’ve known.
As for permanent - all car wrap vinyl is permanent. It’s easily removed by heating it.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC