TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Painting calipers

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by grantgro, Aug 3, 2015.

1. grantgro

grantgro Member

Dropping my 85D off on Friday to get my new wheels and also getting the calipers painted. Anybody here have their calipers painted? If so did you have any trouble and how do they look? Maybe post some pictures

Thanks!

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

@Drucifer got his painted red and they look amazing! The company did Tesla stickers on them too do they look exactly like factory. I am highly tempted to get this done myself when I get past the "required" things to the "optional" things.

3. sickfox

sickfox Member

#3 sickfox, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    For those who customizes their cars, they'll see what you did right away. Getting your calipers painted is a subtle change but since you're also getting new shoes, then it's huge! I'm sure it will look very nice. Here's a couple of pics.

Clean up time...
    [​IMG]

The reveal...
    Tesla-Model-S-P85-Ben-Revzin-2015-1024x683.jpg

Here are some links you may like re: painting the calipers:
    Painted brake calipers?
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/26864-Tesla-Decal-for-Caliper-Paint-Project?highlight=calipers

4. JJJJuice

JJJJuice Member

Thinking about getting the calipers on my all-black P85 w/ grey turbine wheels painted tangerine orange (GT Porsche orange). I like the orange/grey combo and find it very modern looking.

porsche-carrera-gt-1.jpg GT3RS_orange_update003.jpg

Similar, but better than this:

FrontWheel.jpg

Although I do really like this look:

tumblr_lfjmkuuupy1qga8ato1_500.jpg

• Like x 1
  5. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

6. ddimit

ddimit Member

Here's mine, 35.00 red epoxy paint from amazon, and Tesla Stickers from Ebay, $8.00. 2 hours of my time to jack up each side of the car remove tires and paint.
    20150603_164645.jpg