Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting Model 3 brake calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of painting the brake calipers on my newly acquired RED Model 3. Does anyone know if this voids warranty in any manner?
Technically could void warranty on any issues regarding the calipers themselves, but not on the rest of the car. Not sure how much of a stickler Tesla is on things like that though. But the odds of having an issue that would be warranty related on a brake caliper is probably quite low.

Are you planning on doing DIY? If so, I'm curious how you'll do it. I assume you have to remove the calipers so you can bake the finish, then reassemble everything? Probably more than this amateur (I mean me) is capable of...

Are you planning on doing DIY? If so, I'm curious how you'll do it. I assume you have to remove the calipers so you can bake the finish, then reassemble everything? Probably more than this amateur (I mean me) is capable of...
For a quality job, yes they should be removed, but they can be painted while still on the car. Just need to mask everything off really well. The paint should just dry on its own, it wouldn't need to be baked. I'm sure there are videos on YouTube. Doesn't have to be specific to Tesla as the process should be the same.

Did this on my MS 2 year ago. You will need a can of red and a can of gloss clear spray (Hi Heat) from Amazon. You will need TESLA decals from ebay Motors. Clean the caliper well. Just mask around the caliper carefully and spray the red on the front and side of the caliper, no need to spray the rear. Let dry and apply the decal. Then apply a couple coats of clear. Remove the masking and your done. The whole job should not cost more than $45. I did all four in less than two hours, has held up well.