Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting Model 3 Brake Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got a few quotes to paint brake calipers and they came in at around $500-600.

However one company (who I was planning on going through) has quoted $1700. They stated this was because the process to paint the calipers involves disconnecting the brakes (before painting) and then bleeding brakes and reconnecting them?

Does that sound right? Is the above needed?

• Funny
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
I DIY and it turned out great. Most difficult thing was, because my car had 45k miles on it after 4+ years of driving in PNW weather, road grime and salt, etc., it was hard to clean it properly. But I love my results! Take pride in your work...
348733128_1391930488256326_1966520739311973357_n.jpg
348552039_791131045661501_1727542538015925364_n.jpg

RM2023, well besides tools to remove the wheels, you'll need the following:

- Plastic garbage bag or plastic to cover everything but the brakes. I'd cut a slit about 7 inches or so and stretch it around the brakes to cover the disc and so forth.
- Spray paint, 1 can will do. I used VHT engine enamel
- Brake cleaner or something to clean the calipers before painting
- Sandpaper or steel wool to prepare the calipers to paint
- Paint on about 4-5 layers

that's it!
Enjoy!

RM2023, well besides tools to remove the wheels, you'll need the following:

- Plastic garbage bag or plastic to cover everything but the brakes. I'd cut a slit about 7 inches or so and stretch it around the brakes to cover the disc and so forth.
- Spray paint, 1 can will do. I used VHT engine enamel
- Brake cleaner or something to clean the calipers before painting
- Sandpaper or steel wool to prepare the calipers to paint
- Paint on about 4-5 layers

that's it!
Enjoy!
Thankyou

If you are in Sydney, I used this guy. Cheap and excellent service/price.

He does wheels, calipers and anything else you need. Professional job for a reasonable price. All 4 calipers for $350, with gloss and stickers.