Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Painting the top of a fixed panoramic glass roof. Has anyone done this? Is it durable in the long term

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having such a failure to launch in finding a inside, well fitted shade for my 2017 model S I am contemplating painting the outside top of my panoramic fixed glass roof! Anyone had any experience with doing this especially with durability in the long term?................Thanks so much you all......................dangeaton
I have to ask the obvious question - why?? To reduce the heat?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by painting the roof, but if you are having trouble finding shade, is this what you are looking for?

Upvote 0
Heat isn't really an issue, there is a video on youtube with a guy trying to tint his roof but at the tint shop they have the heat meter pointing at the sun and then inside the glass and the number went from hundreds to teens in terms of what it detects. The roof may seem hot but it's not anything you can improve

Upvote 0
I am having such a failure to launch in finding a inside, well fitted shade for my 2017 model S I am contemplating painting the outside top of my panoramic fixed glass roof! Anyone had any experience with doing this especially with durability in the long term?................Thanks so much you all......................dangeaton

You would/should never do this. Just have it wrapped in black vinyl if your want to block it off.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by painting the roof, but if you are having trouble finding shade, is this what you are looking for?

I tried 2 diff. manufacturers, all too small then went to Tesla, the same damn thing, thus looking at painting the top! Thank-you

Upvote 0