Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

paintless ding removal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how accessible the door is for paintless ding removal?

From what I understand, this type of repair involves inserting long tools into the door and work to the spot behind the ding to push it out.

I have one very small ding from the one time that I parked in a lot. Figures, empty school lot on a weekend. Wide open and someone decides to park next to me and leave a reminder. The only time I parked in a lot, two days after I got the car, usually I'll go out of my way to find parallel parking.

I have used them on several occasions. It is amazing what they can do. I would have no hesitation on using them. I would suggest contacting a Mercedes, Lexus or BMW dealer, and see who they use. Don't take it to the dealer, as they will add their cut. I have used Dent Wizard here in Florida with outstanding results.

Wide open and someone decides to park next to me and leave a reminder. The only time I parked in a lot, two days after I got the car, usually I'll go out of my way to find parallel parking.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I can park way out of the way in a practically empty lot, and the next guy in will choose to park right next to me, ignoring the hundreds of other vacant spots. I hate being "that guy" who parks on an angle across two spots, but I sure get why people do it.

(I hate door dings :cursing:)

I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning! All this careful parking out in public just to get backed into by my own son at home.

Watching youtube videos this PDR looks amazing. I'm hoping the S is a good candidate.

My Audi A8 (all aluminum body) had several dents from hail and one large door ding that our local paintless dent removal company was able to make invisible.

Just in case someone is doing a search on dings - although aluminum has less 'memory' than steel, PDR can still work. Had it done on my hood after a PVC pipe fell on the MS (!) - at least here in San Diego Lux PDR was able to remove it and made it look like nothing ever happened. Whew!

Thanks for the info, that's really good to know. I normally clear bra my whole car, and this is the first car in the last seven that I am choosing not to clear bra. I'm a little worried about the little stuff, so this definitely helps.

I have one very small ding from the one time that I parked in a lot. Figures, empty school lot on a weekend. Wide open and someone decides to park next to me and leave a reminder. The only time I parked in a lot, two days after I got the car, usually I'll go out of my way to find parallel parking.

It would have been a bad day for the soccer moms ride.... I'd have gone postal.