TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

paintless ding removal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GasDoc, Feb 18, 2013.

1. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Does anyone know how accessible the door is for paintless ding removal?

From what I understand, this type of repair involves inserting long tools into the door and work to the spot behind the ding to push it out.

I have one very small ding from the one time that I parked in a lot. Figures, empty school lot on a weekend. Wide open and someone decides to park next to me and leave a reminder. The only time I parked in a lot, two days after I got the car, usually I'll go out of my way to find parallel parking.

2. celter

celter Member

I guess this would be difficult with an aluminium body?

3. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I have used them on several occasions. It is amazing what they can do. I would have no hesitation on using them. I would suggest contacting a Mercedes, Lexus or BMW dealer, and see who they use. Don't take it to the dealer, as they will add their cut. I have used Dent Wizard here in Florida with outstanding results.

4. mdh

mdh VIN 2747 P4679

I have found Dings and Dents in Campbell, Ca to be great (in the past). I've had the owner work on a number of my cars. They work with aluminium. It is more challenging.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I can park way out of the way in a practically empty lot, and the next guy in will choose to park right next to me, ignoring the hundreds of other vacant spots. I hate being "that guy" who parks on an angle across two spots, but I sure get why people do it.

(I hate door dings :cursing:)

6. KenEE

KenEE P1937 Reward Excellence!

I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning! All this careful parking out in public just to get backed into by my own son at home.

Watching youtube videos this PDR looks amazing. I'm hoping the S is a good candidate.

7. tezco

tezco Sig P85

My Audi A8 (all aluminum body) had several dents from hail and one large door ding that our local paintless dent removal company was able to make invisible.

8. BCLi

BCLi Member

Just in case someone is doing a search on dings - although aluminum has less 'memory' than steel, PDR can still work. Had it done on my hood after a PVC pipe fell on the MS (!) - at least here in San Diego Lux PDR was able to remove it and made it look like nothing ever happened. Whew!

9. HHHH

HHHH Member

Thanks for the info, that's really good to know. I normally clear bra my whole car, and this is the first car in the last seven that I am choosing not to clear bra. I'm a little worried about the little stuff, so this definitely helps.

10. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

I have used Jeff from DentWizard in the past on a number of cars for both small dings and larger dents - the guy is really good. He is the regular dent removal guy used by the BMW dealership in Pleasanton. His number is 925-580-5295

11. steve841

steve841 Active Member

It would have been a bad day for the soccer moms ride.... I'd have gone postal.

12. lloyds

lloyds Member

I have a guy I used several years ago that did a kick ass job for my BMW. Don't remember his name, but I'll try to find his card and post it here.