TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Paintwork protection option

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by malcolm, Aug 5, 2008.

1. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Saw that and wondered if it would be valid as part of the "Accessories" page. Since that page is sort of a parts "available" page and also a parts "wish" page. So I will add this because as you point out it a good idea to make them available to protect the carbon fiber bodywork.

3. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Waaay back when I had my test drive, a paint armoring kit was mentioned as a pre-delivery option they were looking into. It was on VP10, and was nearly invisible if you didn't know what to look for.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Yes, I believe I saw it on VP16. Clear bra... it's also on the edges of the doors. It some kind of clear plastic, perhaps similar to the kind of plastic you can put on your iPod to protect it from scratches. It the past couple years, it's become a popular add-on ($$$) for dealerships.

5. DaveD

DaveD EVs Kick Gas!

Tesla Paint Armor

Details on what parts of the Roadster get the film applied:

3182509291_3c3b401b16_o.png

This is the Tesla-supplied "Paint Armor" option.

6. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Excellent find. Thanks Dave.

Hopefully the Upper door sill protector on the driver's side won't block the manual door release keyhole.:wink: