Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pair Model X Key Fob to Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve searched but can’t find a definitive or updated answer.

I have access to a 2022 Model X key fob (the OEM one shaped like a Tesla sold directly by Tesla) and would like to pair it to my Model 3.

1. Is it possible to pair a Model X key fob to a Model 3?
  2. If so, can I do it myself or do I have to take it to a service center?

Reactions: Derepente
I’ve searched but can’t find a definitive or updated answer.

I have access to a 2022 Model X key fob (the OEM one shaped like a Tesla sold directly by Tesla) and would like to pair it to my Model 3.

1. Is it possible to pair a Model X key fob to a Model 3?
  2. If so, can I do it myself or do I have to take it to a service center?
YES. A fob from a 2022 Model X can be paired to a Model 3, and moved back should you want to. I just successfully tried it, to be sure. Likewise, a fob for a Model 3 can be paired to a palladium Model X, although there are no buttons for the FWD. You can only do this yourself (service center cannot do it for you).

YES. A fob from a 2022 Model X can be paired to a Model 3, and moved back should you want to. I just successfully tried it, to be sure. Likewise, a fob for a Model 3 can be paired to a palladium Model X, although there are no buttons for the FWD. You can only do this yourself (service center cannot do it for you).
Thanks! And to be sure, we’re talking about the OEM Tesla-shaped key fob from Tesla, right - not the key cards?