Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pair Rental car to app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

My M3 was having some issues with map updates and backup camera showing up on the screen, so I brought it in for a service appointment, said it would be a few days and assigned me a loaner. I was fortunate enough to get a MS 75D and was told that it's still fine to go ahead and take my trip for Thanksgiving across state lines (I swear I triple checked). I have now had the car for a few hours, and the more I think about it, the more I realize how much I depend on my Tesla App in the use of my M3. Obviously they gave me a key fob for the loaner Model S, but there are things that would be very nice during my trip that I just can't do without the app (checking charge status while along the way and having lunch in a Carls Jr., pre-conditioning the cabin, etc).

Is there any way to pair this rented MS to my phone in the app without having it in my account?

It's not a huge deal if it's not possible, but it would make the trip much easier and nicer if it was possible and I couldn't find anything online passed "it will show up when you sign in to your Tesla account". I'm also not extremely familiar with the Model S, maybe there's some way that I can pre-condition the cabin some other way, or check the charge status somewhere else?

Any help or tips would be appreciated!