TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pairing bluetooth devices to Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Discoducky, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Anyone tried pairing different devices to Model S? What have you tried? I'm wondering if anyone has paired Andorid, Windows or other phones not starting in "i" :wink: Maybe a keyboard or mouse for backseat browsing?

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I've paired my Google Galaxy Nexus, and my wife's Google Nexus One. Both are Android devices, and both work great for both phone and music.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

As hinted in another thread, my (original) Samsung Focus (Windows Phone) pairs well. "Speak your test messages" and voice commands to interact with that UI works well (even in parallel with turn by turn from the car going at the same time).

4. Beaker

Beaker Sig #997

My iPhone 4 pairs easily, phone works great, music over Bluetooth is another matter, it cuts out constantly.

5. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I believe the problem is in the iPhone. If you turn off WiFi it will probably get better. It is spending too much CPU hunting down hotspots. You should also make sure that your body isn't between the phone and the center console (that seems to be where the bluetooth antenna is)... people are bags of water and tend to block bluetooth signals.

6. Beaker

Beaker Sig #997

I'll give that a try. I had the phone both on the floor and in the cuby under the display. Funny thing is today there were no problems at all.

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Perhaps there is an external source of interference.

8. W.Petefish

W.Petefish Active Member

I have a hunch it is a problem with the bluetooth stack/module. I get the same problem with my Galaxy S3 and my iPod before and after I got my new iPod.

9. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Has anyone paired a BT headset? Maybe tried to use Skype for video calling?