Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Palladium Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s the secret:

Attachments

• 8F32353A-3A55-439E-8774-78852666D055.jpeg
    8F32353A-3A55-439E-8774-78852666D055.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 102
At the top of my list is longer winter range. 450 mile EPA range would equate to a comfortable 300 mile winter range. The FW doors are great in my opinion, but if they eliminated them on the next version in order to reduce the price or reduce the weight, I'm OK with that. As far as interior goes, a quieter cabin and a bit larger sun visor would be a big improvement. They should also redesign the front drive train to eliminate wheel shudder under acceleration. I'd trade my 2017 100 for a new X and drop my Cybertruck reservation in a heartbeat with these improvements.

I predict that if they have a major body redesign that the falcon wing doors will disappear. While they are a draw for some people, they are certainly a deterrent for others. And I think they have been a PITA to Tesla service. Personally, I could take or leave them. I almost didn’t buy the X because I didn’t want the attention they could draw, but I’ve generally found that other people have better things to do than gawk at my car. So I’ve made my peace with them.

If the FWDs disappear in a redesign, I think our current model X’s will develop even more mystique and appeal in the long term.

Idk. Don’t give me wrong I love how it looks in the Y & 3 definitely futuristic but also minimalistic. I would rather see them make it wider but also still keep it vertical. For me it looks a little more elegant/upscale but also keeping a more traditional form. It’s just my opinion, I bet if they released the 3&y style in it I’d end up loving it too. Lol. I think keeping the higher end a little different then the middle line is also nice too. Have to keep something different to justify the price differences.

My guess is they will go with a single bigger landscape display like the CyberTruck. And after owning a Model 3 I think that will fine.
It will definitely be better watching videos while Supercharging.

I pitched an an idea in regards that the Model X and S have the high ground as far as FSD. Since we have the 13" instrument cluster, they can put more driving visuals spread out (we can see more of the roads, cars ahead, next to us and behind) rather than the 2-3 inch wide screen on Model 3/Y

Reactions: andrewdtran
I did the same. Cancelled they Y order. X is the better car overall I feel.
I agree it is. When I placed my order I just liked the price of the Y and it seemed like a better car reliability wise. But after some research it seems to me the new model Xs have vastly improved on reliability. Plus I want the extra space. I wish they made a bigger version X. Maybe call it the XL lol I also prefer the look of the X and love the Falcon doors. I’m just wondering what the price point is going to be for the palladium. That’s the only thing that could change my mind. I still want to get the cyber truck and if the X is too pricey I will just go with a Y or regular P model X.

I guess the ideal scenario would be if they will have old design available for purchase for at least a few weeks, so we will have time to decide:)
Planning to update my 2017 X 100D, but with no panoramic windshield new features would be less appealing. If they remove FWD this would almost certainly mean no huge windshield.

I agree it is. When I placed my order I just liked the price of the Y and it seemed like a better car reliability wise. But after some research it seems to me the new model Xs have vastly improved on reliability. Plus I want the extra space. I wish they made a bigger version X. Maybe call it the XL lol I also prefer the look of the X and love the Falcon doors. I’m just wondering what the price point is going to be for the palladium. That’s the only thing that could change my mind. I still want to get the cyber truck and if the X is too pricey I will just go with a Y or regular P model X.

Everything is going to go down in price in preparation for September's battery day. My anticipation is that the model S/X will be between $65,000 & $ 68,000 or even lower. Possibly $60,000 - $65,000.

Everything is going to go down in price in preparation for September's battery day. My anticipation is that the model S/X will be between $65,000 & $ 68,000 or even lower. Possibly $60,000 - $65,000.
That would be amazing. I wonder what the top end prices will look like? I can’t imagine it will be that cheap with all the upgrades added.

I predict that if they have a major body redesign that the falcon wing doors will disappear. While they are a draw for some people, they are certainly a deterrent for others. And I think they have been a PITA to Tesla service. Personally, I could take or leave them. I almost didn’t buy the X because I didn’t want the attention they could draw, but I’ve generally found that other people have better things to do than gawk at my car. So I’ve made my peace with them.

If the FWDs disappear in a redesign, I think our current model X’s will develop even more mystique and appeal in the long term.
Partially agree, if X gets rid of FWD, then it’s missing an important “signature” to differentiate with other models like Y, all the four types have their own signature characteristics. Then S3XY overall doesn’t feel like balanced well if take FWD off. You don’t want people think Y just another version of X, Y is Y, X is X, their uniqueness define themself

This seems like wishful thinking. Tesla needs the Model S and X to pad their margins and maintain profitability - they're not going to drastically cut prices while also significantly increasing features. I could see them taking maybe a few thousand dollars off the current price but certainly not $15k-$20k.

Last edited:
Since we're only a year into our 2019 Model X and have already put close to 30k miles, I doubt I have enough equity for a trade in if these plaid Model X's come out next year or sooner. However, our 2016 Model S is paid for and would be a perfect trade in for a plaid powertrain S. I'm so glad I didn't trade it in for the Raven S.

This seems like wishful thinking. Tesla needs the Model S and X to pad their margins and maintain profitability - they're not going to drastically cut prices while also significantly increasing features. I could see them taking maybe a few thousand dollars off the current price but certainly not $15k-$20k.

If I’m reading into Elon’s brain and from what he said tonight and the past. All Tesla’s will be cheep, however FSD will be the defining factor. He keeps claiming that FSD will be $100,000 per car. If the Model X costs $70K without FSD, it will cost $170,000. If they can lower the 3 & Y, the S&X can too.

My guess is the X will remain untouched interior/exterior. Battery & motor upgrades will be the selling points.

If a design change is in place best believe the dual screens will be long gone. The single screen makes the dash easier to install with less material and electronics behind it cutting cost down significantly. Not to mention warranty repairs.