Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Palm frond fell thru Liftgate glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily, it was a clean glass-only hit. Tesla is replacing it tomorrow for $1,091.
Are there any concerns I should have before and/or after it’s replaced?

2022-10-21 Palm in Window 2- 600w.JPEG

2022-10-21 Palm in Window- 600w.JPEG

The fronds from the big Royal Palms are very heavy and have a long way to fall and build up speed. I don't know what the odds are but this is second time my wife's car was hit by one. Her previous Mercedes SL was hit on the hood and front fender causing much damage.

Yes, covered by insurance, but my deductible is $1,000. In some states, by law, all auto glass has no deductible, but in Florida, only windshields have no deductible.

Upvote 0
Luckily, it was a clean glass-only hit. Tesla is replacing it tomorrow for $1,091.
Are there any concerns I should have before and/or after it’s replaced?

View attachment 870315

View attachment 870316
Gotta be Florida or SoCal (I just looked at your info ... Florida). You know Tesla service. Go over with a keen eye. This is probably hard to screw up though. They're are paying for it .... nice!

Upvote 0
I had to get the liftgate latch actuator replaced in mine which involves removing a lot of the trim. After fixing it I tested it fully before leaving the lot and yes, they did mess up the alarm that beeps when you press the button to close the lid. Two hours later it was fixed...

I hope you have a better experience.

Reactions: Bill D
Upvote 0
I had to get the liftgate latch actuator replaced in mine which involves removing a lot of the trim. After fixing it I tested it fully before leaving the lot and yes, they did mess up the alarm that beeps when you press the button to close the lid. Two hours later it was fixed...

I hope you have a better experience.
What year is your S? My 2022 does not beep when pressing to close the hatch.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Upvote 0