TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Palm Springs service center delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Abnoidz, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

Hi! has anyone here taken delivery at Palm Springs Tesla service center? I am debating whether to change my delivery location to Palm springs. I originally decided on Costa Mesa because it was the highlighted one during my configuration and I didn't want to change it because I was afraid it would delay my delivery. I was wondering if it would be better to take delivery in Palm Springs since it is not as busy as the Costa mesa service center. Would it push back my delivery?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Yes all mine done at Palm Springs avoid at all costs Costa Mesa u will be disappointed

• Funny x 1
  3. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

Did you have a bad experience at Costa Mesa? I have read a lot of not so happy reviews about taking delivery there.

My concern is that if I change my delivery center will it delay my delivery? how can I change my delivery center? do I call them or wait for a tesla agent to contact me?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Palm Springs is like a family friendly Tesla experience they have low volume and all the folks are nice ..Efraim is the DS and has been there since the opening ...costa mesa had bad service there years ago and have never gone back I have second home in Indian Wells so only service here even tho live in San Diego most of time ..do not go to Costa Mesa even if delays ur delivery they will not prep your car and will probably rush u ..since this is non busy season in desert with winter birds out the sc in Palm Springs is nearly empty they have onsite detail shop and ur car will be taken care of unlike Costa Mesa where u read the delivery threads they barely wash the car ..I have picked up two S and an X at Palm Springs and only service there in 4 1/2 years ..

5. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

Thank you for your advice. I will try to find a way to change my delivery location. thanks!

6. jjwardSD

jjwardSD Member

You don't enjoy the wonderful rock quarry blowing acidic dust on all the cars at the San Diego service center? That stuff mixed with the eucalyptus trees will destroy windows and paint.

• Funny x 1
  7. Morgank6

Morgank6 Member

I chose Palm Springs for my 3 delivery when given the same choice. My model S test drive was great at that location, but I have yet to hear anything about someone taking delivery of a 3 there. I'm thinking no news is probably good news.

Edit: obligatory - 4/18/16 reservation, 6/27/18 black AWD order placed, updated order 7/23/18 for white interior, currently still have the old order page(no confirmation stuff) still have the edit button, Sept-Nov estimate

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I was there few weeks ago to pick up a part ...they had a rush of M3 deliveries that day (3cars) and they brought in someone to help lol

9. Need

Need Active Member

I would love to have Palm Spring as one of my options, but I only got Costa Mesa and MDR. I rather drive 75 miles to Palm Spring then 60 miles in traffic to Costa Mesa or MDR.

• Like x 1
  10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

You can change have ur OA or ISA do

11. Need

Need Active Member

I have not been contacted yet, but I will ask when I do! We could also make a side trip to the Outlets shopping LOL.

12. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

haha! better not bring the wife coz might get sidetracked with all that shopping. can't afford any more expenses after buying the M3. fully we get contacted soon so we can request the change before its too late

• Funny x 1
  13. Need

Need Active Member

I tried to switch to Palm Springs, but by the time my IDA first contacted me, my car was already at Costa Mesa. He said that if I switch to Palm Springs, they would have to find another car and it would delay the delivery.

14. rdlink

rdlink Member

If you're going to make the switch I would recommend proactively reaching out to Tesla before the IDA contacts you.

15. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

yeah.... too late! I did try but they were not answering my emails and calls. by the time my IDA contacted me it was too late. so i just accepted it at costa mesa. They rescheduled my first delivery 30 minutes before my delivery even when i called the day before making sure it was ready and they said it was. I called off from work too. but I finally got it today. minor paint issues- they buffed some of them and there was a super tiny one that they said they had to schedule to be serviced and that they would just call me. super happy with the car! but all my services will be done at the palm springs one from now on.

16. Need

Need Active Member

Oh wow we are only 1 day apart. My delivery is today at Costa Mesa. I kept checking phone message to see if they will cancel LOL. And yeah I took day off work today too.

17. Abnoidz

Abnoidz Member

good luck! make sure to check your around the car esp the paint. you will love your car!