TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Palo Alto Store Event Tuesday Night

Discussion in 'California' started by highedu, Oct 14, 2013.

1. highedu

highedu Member

Seems like they are shutting the store down for an event tomorrow evening, anybody know what this is about?

2. DIL

DIL Member

Private concert with Bono.

JK! I wish I knew!

3. Kraken

Kraken Member

Was there today. They evidently had a grand opening event the other day (surprisingly I must have missed it if something about it was posted here), an article about which is what inspired me to go today (they mentioned having a model x in the article and I wanted to see it). Maybe it is more grand opening, or maybe it has to do with the x. They also said the x was only there for a few days. I think they specifically said 3 days. That would make tomorrow the last day. Perhaps it is just to get the X out of the showroom....haha...

no one today mentioned an event planned for tomorrow. They knew I was an owner too...

4. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

Grand opening was this weekend, and the Model X was there for the grand opening and will be removed after Tuesday. Tesla posted about the grand opening and the Model X on their Facebook page, Google+ page, and send direct e-mails to customers in the Bay Area.

5. highedu

highedu Member

When I asked one of the reps how long the X was going to be there they said until tuesday, and on tuesday they were closing at 5 pm for an event...

6. Kraken

Kraken Member

Huh, it never even occurred to me to look for a Tesla Facebook page. I either am outside of what they consider Bay Area or they still think I live in Florida. I don't get those emails either way. Oh well..

7. Darren

Darren Member

I actually look my car in to service today. I had to leave early from work because they said they were closing early at 5:30pm.

It was a private event for execs. Not sure what execs, but I hung around until 6pm to talk to my friends that work at Tesla who helped host the event. When I left they were still setting up.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

Rumor mill suggests execs both inside and outside TM were there to scope out both the new center and Model X.