Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panamera s looks like rip off of tesla s!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never driven the panamera, but styling wise i dont really like the way it looks, especially the rear end.
of course that just me, some might like it some might not, i dont, but then again the only porsche that i find good looking is the carrera gt!

They look spectacular when they are optioned correctly with the TURBO version. They have a very super car-ish look to them.

05-IMG_9701.jpg

Last edited:
OTOH, there are things like the touchscreen that are superior on the MS. Are there some folks who would buy the MS over the Panamera based on the touchscreen alone? Perhaps a few.

Not gonna lie, when I first saw the announcement release of the Model S back a few years ago, as soon as I saw the touchscreen everything else became secondary. Then again, I am a total computer nerd, so having a REAL computer in my car was an amazing thing and I have asked myself why everyone else won't go bigger with their touchscreens.

That touchscreen alone would be a 3-5k option on any other car. Anyway, sorry to derail the thread a little here, but to me, and my subjective opinion, the touchscreen sold me more than anything else about the car (except for of course the range... because that is what makes it practical).

The other day while charging, a Porsche Panamera pulled into the next EV spot.:cursing: before I could say anything he popped his charge-port door and plugged in.:cool: the first electric Panamera I have seen. after talking with the owner for a bit I was... unimpressed.:frown: He gets a whole 20 miles on his battery, then has to rely on his V6 to get him around.
I liked the reaction to people passing by. if they saw my car first they would say ooooo a Tesla:biggrin: and then notice his car and say oooo a Porsche Panamera.:smile:
if they say his car first they would say ooooo a Porsche Panamera:smile: and then notice my car and say oooo a Tesla:biggrin:.
At one point I was showing a group of people my car and the garage security showed up to tell me "No Soliciting".:scared: By the time I explained to Security that it was my car and I wasn't selling anything, the police had shown up because of the crowd that was growing (as people left the Porsche to see my car). Time to leave. I looked at my watch and the Porsche Panamera had been there charging over an hour. at those J1772 chargers I usually get about 20 miles in an hour. he should have been done charging long ago.:confused:

The other day while charging, a Porsche Panamera pulled into the next EV spot.:cursing: before I could say anything he popped his charge-port door and plugged in.:cool: the first electric Panamera I have seen. after talking with the owner for a bit I was... unimpressed.:frown: He gets a whole 20 miles on his battery, then has to rely on his V6 to get him around.
I liked the reaction to people passing by. if they saw my car first they would say ooooo a Tesla:biggrin: and then notice his car and say oooo a Porsche Panamera.:smile:
if they say his car first they would say ooooo a Porsche Panamera:smile: and then notice my car and say oooo a Tesla:biggrin:.
At one point I was showing a group of people my car and the garage security showed up to tell me "No Soliciting".:scared: By the time I explained to Security that it was my car and I wasn't selling anything, the police had shown up because of the crowd that was growing (as people left the Porsche to see my car). Time to leave. I looked at my watch and the Porsche Panamera had been there charging over an hour. at those J1772 chargers I usually get about 20 miles in an hour. he should have been done charging long ago.:confused:
Civil Rights Snatched!!! After Trayvon Verdict!!! (Dont let it happen again) - YouTube
(click through the link, guy got arrested for drinking an Ice Tea. Sorry video title is deceptive.)

Yeah, got to be careful about messing with the police... Libel to get arrested for nothing these days.

I didn't know they had a PHEV version either. But I love that Tesla has the prestige of a Porsche!