Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
Tesla’s battery production efforts have received a $100 million investment from Panasonic, according to a report from Nikkei, a a news outlet based in Japan. Proceeds will be used to expand Tesla’s Gigafactory located in Sparks, Nevada. The report said Panasonic will add another line, bringing the total to 14 and will increase capacity by 10%...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/08/19/panasonic-invests-100m-to-boost-tesla-gigafactory-production/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Chaserr

Hyperactive Hyperdrive
Sep 5, 2017
Logan
“Panasonic is also upgrading the batteries being produced at Gigafactory, raising each battery’s storage capacity by 5%, starting in September.”

420 mile Model S memes ahead!

This is big in general. Replacement batteries for older cars would even benefit. I wonder if this is what they were testing with those 350 volt "85" badged replacements that had 92kwh actual capacity?

CSDunford

Oct 29, 2017
Roy, WA
“Panasonic is also upgrading the batteries being produced at Gigafactory, raising each battery’s storage capacity by 5%, starting in September.”

420 mile Model S memes ahead!

This is big in general. Replacement batteries for older cars would even benefit. I wonder if this is what they were testing with those 350 volt "85" badged replacements that had 92kwh actual capacity?

CSDunford

Oct 29, 2017
Roy, WA
This would be awesome. I have a 2014 MS 85 that I simply adore. While I will probably get a new one when the wheels fall off this one, it would be tempting to keep this and just get the newer batteries. 90k miles and climbing quickly with an 80-mile round trip commute.

Reactions: Chaserr

MrFrosty

Aug 10, 2019
Wentzville
Way to Go Panasonic!!!! Invest $100 Million in Tesla Stock....Stock splits 5-1shares end of this month!!! Great move Panasonic, you're gonna be rolling in the money!!!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC