Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panel breaker make buzz sound while charging the Y with wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes me less concerned about a fire because tan handles have a pretty solid connection to the buss. I might consider replacing the breaker… but there is no guarantees it will solve the issue and I don’t recommend you doing it, it’s something a professional should do.
Hi
Had 60a breaker and replaced the 50a, both of them makes zzz sounds while charging, not loud tho but you can hear it next to it when I open the cover.

I wouldn’t be that concerned but of course I’m not there ymmv
Since everyone said $1100 is a steal to replace the panel so I've already scheduled with them. replace the panel is only good for long term right? The pervious owner had it for like 40 years. I did change some breakers (new ones) for new dryer, oven etc.. now you make me wondering if I should have them replace or just leave it the buzz sound probably its normal for a old panel, it only does that while charging car and If I lower the amps it will less the zz sound.

Since everyone said $1100 is a steal to replace the panel so I've already scheduled with them. replace the panel is only good for long term right? The pervious owner had it for like 40 years. I did change some breakers (new ones) for new dryer, oven etc.. now you make me wondering if I should have them replace or just leave it the buzz sound probably its normal for a old panel, it only does that while charging car and If I lower the amps it will less the zz sound.
By steal, we mean to good to be true, danger danger.

I would not go with them. Whatever they put it will not be as good as the cutler hammer panel, assuming it was done right.

I imagine once you ask about permits they will decide they don’t want to do it anymore or ask you to pull the permit.

Here is the panel

The breakers cost 15 to 30 each l, up to 200 for some breakers.

How are they making money? You should be concerned they aren’t making money for your sake. If they aren’t making money what is the likelihood they will do good work?

If the sound is coming from the breaker for the car charger, I wouldn’t replace the panel. If it coming from the main breaker, perhaps I would suggest it. Post pictures of your panel.