Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panel performance 4.8 kwh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t got PTO yet. Tesla says they have a 90 day wait. BUT, I can see performance on app. Tech support says full power will be realized after pto. What? Are they holding back power? I’m generating anywhere between 27 to 31 kilowat hours daily close to west coast of California. Wondering? Any input?

Attachments

• 04C84FCE-992E-4DF0-82D0-21699925F287.png
    04C84FCE-992E-4DF0-82D0-21699925F287.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 99
So tesla is telling you 6,968 kWh a year.

In relation to "are they holding back power" the answer to that would be if you see the system cutting off during the day because you are not able to export (no PTO) then you might realize more production after that point (but production will also decrease since we are past the solstice).

You would see that on your daily production as the pv production either slowing down (curtailment) or stopping, if your home loads are less than your production.

Whether you will see more or not depends on whether your home loads consume all your PV production or not. We have no way of knowing that.

So tesla is telling you 6,968 kWh a year.

In relation to "are they holding back power" the answer to that would be if you see the system cutting off during the day because you are not able to export (no PTO) then you might realize more production after that point (but production will also decrease since we are past the solstice).

You would see that on your daily production as the pv production either slowing down (curtailment) or stopping, if your home loads are less than your production.

Whether you will see more or not depends on whether your home loads consume all your PV production or not. We have no way of knowing that.
Yeah, i hear you. Patients is a virtue I wish i had more of. Kind of a wait-and-see issue. The support team made it sound as if somehow they are restricting output. But there was no way for me to find out so I’ll just wait. Thanks for the response.