Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panels in Hawaii not generating power several days / month?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a SolarCity (now Tesla) install in Hawaii. I seem to get zero power generated a few days per month. It does get cloudy sometimes. I don't know if those days correlate with the no-power days because I rent out the property most of the time. Is it possible that it's just because of clouds? I would think in Hawaii I'd be generating at least a bit of energy everyday.

I've been meaning to call Tesla about this and ask. In the meantime, just wondering if anyone has any insights.

Thanks very much

It could be just the clouds but then, it depends on better info, how cloudy, how much was produced, correlation with weather.
I had a day this winter season when the panels only produced about 500 Wh. But then, I can monitor each panel as often as I want.

How well can you monitor daily power generation?

Reactions: Carl_Drogo
It could be just the clouds but then, it depends on better info, how cloudy, how much was produced, correlation with weather.
I had a day this winter season when the panels only produced about 500 Wh. But then, I can monitor each panel as often as I want.

How well can you monitor daily power generation?

Just saw this. Thank you... I can check it daily but usually forget. I will call Tesla soon and ask. I Just keep getting distracted by too much work.

I have a SolarCity (now Tesla) install in Hawaii. I seem to get zero power generated a few days per month. It does get cloudy sometimes. I don't know if those days correlate with the no-power days because I rent out the property most of the time. Is it possible that it's just because of clouds? I would think in Hawaii I'd be generating at least a bit of energy everyday.

I've been meaning to call Tesla about this and ask. In the meantime, just wondering if anyone has any insights.

Thanks very much
If the grid is oversupplied those days, and the voltage and/ or frequency shift higher, the inverters will shut off.