Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panels underproducing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Finally got my SE portal access. Today at 2:15, most of my 24 panels were producing 152 to 169 watts.

Some panels were making only:

120 watts
60 watts
121 watts
92 watts

No panels have any shading during this time. They are all clean (rained yesterday).

There's no other historical data before today. Apparently SolarEdge doesn't log the data for their inverters until you register your account.

Finally got my SE portal access. Today at 2:15, most of my 24 panels were producing 152 to 169 watts.

120 watts
60 watts
121 watts
92 watts

No panels have any shading during this time. They are all clean (rained yesterday).

There's no other historical data before today. Apparently SolarEdge doesn't log the data for their inverters until you register your account.
Sun is pretty low this time of year. Could have a lot to do with the angle of incidence of panel and sun. A little googling shows people report 40-60% less output on the lowest winter days (i.e. Dec 21) versus the highest summer days (June 21).

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Sun is pretty low this time of year. Could have a lot to do with the angle of incidence of panel and sun. A little googling shows people report 40-60% less output on the lowest winter days (i.e. Dec 21) versus the highest summer days (June 21).

This is not a 40-60% difference overall but with specific panels.
At this time of the day they are all in equal sun. I'll put my light meter on my 30 foot pole but I already know there's not going to be more than a 10% difference.

Does SE have optimizer data like Enphase does?

Enphase Enlighten Screen Shot 001 (2).png

Attachments

• Enphase Enlighten Screen Shot 001.png
    Enphase Enlighten Screen Shot 001.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

120 watts
60 watts
121 watts
92 watts

Are you sure those are actual power output at 2:15 PM not energy Wh for day?
On my Enphase system I can only see cumulative energy readouts per each panel, not power at certain time of day. I can also check an individual panel's average power output curve at 15 min intervals, then manually write it down for each panel for a specific time but that is a gruesome task.;)

But, I checked my highest and lowest producing panels at 11:30 today: highest 154W, lowest 144W two panels away, same row, a 6.5% difference.
If you have 50% difference, something is wrong.

Last edited:
Are you sure those are actual power output at 2:15 PM not energy Wh for day?
On my Enphase system I can only see cumulative energy readouts per each panel, not power at certain time of day. I can also check an individual panel's average power output curve at 15 min intervals, then manually write it down for each panel for a specific time but that is a gruesome task.;)

But, I checked my highest and lowest producing panels at 11:30 today: highest 154W, lowest 144W two panels away, same row, a 6.5% difference.
If you have 50% difference, something is wrong.

On the desktop website, not app or mobile browser, you can playback the numbers for every 15 minute interval in the layout tab.

post five, see the circled area on the screen grab. first click on a individual inverter or from the full system click a panel and click on the graph icon, then select the drop down for power and last click dc voltage, dc current...

How do you have so much data? When I click into those microinverter charts in the Enlighten website, I only see a single data point each day. I can't get resolution down to the level of your chart.

do you have access to enlighten manager Enphase Energy - Enlighten | Sign in to Enlighten ?

the graphs for the individual inverters are higher resolution, every 2-5 minutes (for dc watts, dc voltage, frequency, ac voltage, temperature); power is still every 15 minutes.

Hmmm, I think it's because I have the 3C that is configured for both WiFi and Cellular. It seems to be only using cellular and is doing as minimal data usage as possible. I need to see how to configure it so it prioritizes WiFi over Cellular.

upload_2020-12-28_19-28-8.png

post five, see the circled area on the screen grab. first click on a individual inverter or from the full system click a panel and click on the graph icon, then select the drop down for power and last click dc voltage, dc current...
Yes, that I am aware of. I was mostly replying to @sorka if he was seeing the right measurement unit as he has SE string inverter.
But since he has quantity for single panels, he must be seeing individual panel numbers and must be the correct unit although could have been cumulative energy at 2:15 for each panels and even that is way off, 50%.