TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Panjo Marketplace/Classifieds

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by doug, Nov 5, 2013.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

To help organize our marketplace section, TMC is using Panjo.

TMC Marketplace

Some benefits:

• Easy to post new items for sale.
    • Drag and drop uploading of images (something I wish the rest of the forum had).
    • Automatically creates a thread in the appropriate forum.
    • Automatically adds "- Sold" to thread title when items are sold.
    • Option to list a quantity of items.
    • Sellers paid by directly by PayPal
    • Buyers can pay for items with a credit card (processed by Paypal).
    • Ability to browse items via image gallery or in a list with sorting and filtering options.
    • Buyers can review order history
    • Platform is being actively developed (e.g. other currency options are due this week).

Some Limitations:

• No ability to simply relist an item after it's sold. (on the product roadmap)
    • Pages are a bit slow to render.
    • Doesn't work 100% with Chrome on iOS due to the Apple restricting javascript.
    • Has its own messaging system which can seem a bit redundant.

I've been testing this for the past few weeks and I think overall the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, so please give it a try.