TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

pano has difficulty getting past vent position

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by scottm, Aug 1, 2015.

1. scottm

scottm Active Member

After washing the car (by hand) and letting it sit overnight... next morning opening the pano roof won't go past "vent" position, doesn't even completely do the vent pop-up.. just a half-hearted semi-popped position. There she stops. Multi-tries on the UI control panel just give an error tone and the slider goes back to "vent". It will close if I move slider to close position. And trying an open again still won't open any wider than a half-vent. Until, I push the pano roof up with a finger to fully pop it up in the vent position. Then I can dial in any % opening, and it will. From then on, will close, vent, and % open to anything I want. Just the initial use is sticky on vent. I've only ever noticed this after washing the car.

pano vent only - YouTube

It could be something as simple as lube... dunno. Got the call in and we'll see.

I also have the rubber o-cord gasket seal detaching at the pano roof, inside the car. Getting a new one of those too. gasket_droop.jpg

2. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I'm taking my car in for service Monday for the same issue. They checked it out and told me it was the "bridge." They had to order a part for it.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Have same issue start a few weeks ago. Have my car going in for something else so will also have it looked at.

4. wamochi

wamochi Member

Just had this same problem fixed. I mentioned it to the Advisor when I took my car in for center console install and he mentioned something about a bridge too. They were able to fix same day.