Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof an option for Gen3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
Sun roofs are common today on most make and models and certainly for the BMW 3 series.
So will Tesla offer:
-Optional Pano roof?
-Classic sun roof?
-Scaled down pano room?
Perhaps something similiar to my wife's VW Jetta Sportswagen TDI with lots of glass, limited opening but without the railings since they will cause air drag.
-Would definitely like to see the option to easily attach roof railing/rack which is not an option on the Model S without the pano roof. That seems like an omission which Tesla should address this time around.
glass roof.JPG

Sun roofs are common today on most make and models and certainly for the BMW 3 series.
So will Tesla offer:
-Optional Pano roof?
-Classic sun roof?
-Scaled down pano room?
Perhaps something similiar to my wife's VW Jetta Sportswagen TDI with lots of glass, limited opening but without the railings since they will cause air drag.
-Would definitely like to see the option to easily attach roof railing/rack which is not an option on the Model S without the pano roof. That seems like an omission which Tesla should address this time around.
View attachment 13348

My guesses:

-Optional Pano roof? Yes. Why wouldn't they? They have the experience of making them work. So you stick with what you know.
-Classic sun roof? No. This is an easy way for them to set themselves apart while maintaining a general appeal.
-Scaled down pano roof? Maybe. Only if the full scale version doesn't work functionally.
It's not an omission. Tesla is going for a highly aerodynamic design and roof racks create a lot of drag. Functionally they will have to come up with a way to have them but I would expect it to come on the Gen III crossover and not the sedan.

My guesses:

It's not an omission. Tesla is going for a highly aerodynamic design and roof racks create a lot of drag. Functionally they will have to come up with a way to have them but I would expect it to come on the Gen III crossover and not the sedan.

The model S with pano roof comes with 4 screw in attachment points to attach a roof rack. It is known.