Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof clips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced a problem with the luggage rack clips? I ran my P85 S thru a Touchless car wash and all four of the clips were flipped open during the drying cycle.
Also, one of these clip broke off, which I recovered in the parking lot. I called Tesla Factory and spoke with a rep in coustmer service who informed me the owners manual advised to not use this type car wash. My memory is not that great but I thought I had read this type wash was ok. I called Tesla again, after checking the Manual and relayed
that the info for washing cars on page 22 stated this was the type that could be used. During this conversation the rep stated the manual was wrong. I requested Tesla send
a replacement for the broken clip and I would glue the clips in the closed position as I do not plan on using any type roof rack or roof luggage container.

Has anyone experienced a problem with the luggage rack clips? I ran my P85 S thru a Touchless car wash and all four of the clips were flipped open during the drying cycle.
Also, one of these clip broke off, which I recovered in the parking lot. I called Tesla Factory and spoke with a rep in coustmer service who informed me the owners manual advised to not use this type car wash. My memory is not that great but I thought I had read this type wash was ok. I called Tesla again, after checking the Manual and relayed
that the info for washing cars on page 22 stated this was the type that could be used. During this conversation the rep stated the manual was wrong. I requested Tesla send
a replacement for the broken clip and I would glue the clips in the closed position as I do not plan on using any type roof rack or roof luggage container.

Mine broke and I only do hand washes. Tesla replaced it under warranty. Takes 5 minutes to click a new one in.