Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof in winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on ordering a 70D next week and am wondering about the roof. To all of you in winter climates, how is the glass roof when it gets really cold? I read some people online saying that the roof let a lot of cold into the car in winter, but most people seem to think it's OK. Your thoughts/advice?

I plan on ordering a 70D next week and am wondering about the roof. To all of you in winter climates, how is the glass roof when it gets really cold? I read some people online saying that the roof let a lot of cold into the car in winter, but most people seem to think it's OK. Your thoughts/advice?

Bjorn, our Norwegian member who makes lots (and lots!) of videos of his Tesla adventures (there's a thread that's generally near the top of the Videos forum that contains them all) has one video where he talks about the Pano roof in the cold. He eventually put together some foam insulation for it that he was very happy with.
Walter

Bjorn's (excellent) videos aside, I have found no issues at all with cold getting in. I've had the car now for 2 brutally cold winters, driving in temps way below 0 F.

My only issue is that when it's cold, I get a bit of a "tea kettle" whistle from the pano roof seals. It goes away when the weather warms up, so I'm assuming some rubber seal is shrinking a bit in the cold. No issues with water getting in, though.

Bjorn, our Norwegian member who makes lots (and lots!) of videos of his Tesla adventures (there's a thread that's generally near the top of the Videos forum that contains them all) has one video where he talks about the Pano roof in the cold. He eventually put together some foam insulation for it that he was very happy with.
Walter

Thanks......that video is what got me thinking. I talked to a few more people who all think it's not a big deal, so I'll go with the pano roof.