Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PANO ROOF: MORE DIFFICULT THAN LANDING ROCKETS?

kavyboy

Jan 13, 2016
Spring, TX
2015 S here. Never a problem with the pano roof.
We may have bought a second Tesla if it were still an option. It's *that* important for my wife. I told her to come check out the new all-electric open-air roofs hitting the market soon. She was NOT amused when I showed her the eHummer. :D

Mhoepfin

Mar 18, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I had a leak in my 2015 first gen sunroof that was repaired earlier this year. Never realized until now that they replaced it with the second gen roof. Obviously no issues anymore.

• Informative
Reactions: David29

Plasmid_Boy

Feb 13, 2020
Indiana
I agree with the pro-pano posters. Every car I have owned since 1984 have had a sliding sunroof/moonroof. I never had one that leaked. Our ‘14 P85+ and ‘15 70D haven't leaked yet (knock on wood). I am a fan of sunroofs.

• Informative
Reactions: David29

David29

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
Yeah, this is another thing that I like about my 2015 Model S compared to a newer car. Mine has a sunroof, no trouble so far. I know, they need maintenance, and can fail and need repairs, but so can anything with moving parts. (I also have leather seats, gray upholstery, coil suspension, etc., no longer available.)

Reactions: kavyboy

KOL2000

Apr 30, 2013
San Diego
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have my finger hovering over the order button on a plaid but just can't get myself to do it until they put the opening roof back. I've got mine open more than 50% of the time.

Anyone else in the same boat or am I the only weirdo?

I hope someone at Tesla sees this!!

Cheburashka

Jan 29, 2018
Los Gatos, CA
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have my finger hovering over the order button on a plaid but just can't get myself to do it until they put the opening roof back. I've got mine open more than 50% of the time.

I'm with you as well. I've got the non sunroof cars as loaners and I just don't get it. I use the sunroof all the time and almost year round myself.

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium

I’ll see your pano and raise you the yacht floor. :cool:😇

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC