Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PANO ROOF: MORE DIFFICULT THAN LANDING ROCKETS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 S here. Never a problem with the pano roof.
We may have bought a second Tesla if it were still an option. It's *that* important for my wife. I told her to come check out the new all-electric open-air roofs hitting the market soon. She was NOT amused when I showed her the eHummer. :D

Yeah, this is another thing that I like about my 2015 Model S compared to a newer car. Mine has a sunroof, no trouble so far. I know, they need maintenance, and can fail and need repairs, but so can anything with moving parts. (I also have leather seats, gray upholstery, coil suspension, etc., no longer available.)

Reactions: kavyboy
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have my finger hovering over the order button on a plaid but just can't get myself to do it until they put the opening roof back. I've got mine open more than 50% of the time.

Anyone else in the same boat or am I the only weirdo?

I hope someone at Tesla sees this!!

I'm with you as well. I've got the non sunroof cars as loaners and I just don't get it. I use the sunroof all the time and almost year round myself.

Sorry to bump this old thread but I have my finger hovering over the order button on a plaid but just can't get myself to do it until they put the opening roof back. I've got mine open more than 50% of the time.

Anyone else in the same boat or am I the only weirdo?

I hope someone at Tesla sees this!!
I’ll see your pano and raise you the yacht floor. :cool:😇

Love the pano love on here! For those of you who had a gen 1 pano roof replaced with a gen 2, were there any differences? Advantages/disadvantages? Thanks - about to have mine upgraded.
The only disadvantage was that I had to find new bolt for my roof rack, as that changed. Found on Amazon.
Also, as for me they had to replace the black plastic trim, the long ones left & rights of the glass, they did a poor job & had to redo it. Second time was better, but not perfect: they are not perfectly seamless with the body.

• Informative
Reactions: peakay and outdoors