Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof noise and Calm Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 75D on Sept 30, 2017 and am totally thrilled with the driving experience. I have been lurking here in the forum and am amazed how much knowledge is here. So, suffice it to say, I am still learning.

One specific question I have is regarding the panoramic glass roof.

My panoramic glass roof seems to make "crackling" sounds especially at moderate speeds that is very noticeable. I'm wondering if others have noticed this as well and whether anybody has visited service for them to rectify.

Regarding CALM radio, I subscribed to their service to eliminate the ads while driving. But then I find out that my subscription really doesn't apply to to the radio stations posted on Tesla radio. I contacted them to find out why and was informed that unlike slacker and tune in, they haven't been able to get Tesla to allow a subscription login. Any thoughts about this certainly would be helpful.

Bill

It may not be coming from the pano roof. There are some stryofoam blocks on the underside of the headliner that can come in contact with the metal roof frame and make a light crackling rattling sound. My wife described it as the sound that really sticky tape makes when you peel it up. My service center could not locate it but I put some pieces of felt between the foam and the metal and that stopped it. On mine the noise itself originated at the area where the headliner recesses into the headliner.