TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Pano Roof Panel Colour

Discussion in 'Model S' started by andylyonette, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

Before delivery Tesla had to replace the front glass panel of my pano roof due to a crack. I've just noticed that each panel is a different colour on the outside (sorry, the picture doesn't show this as well as it could) and I'm just curious to know if this is usually the case or if it's because each panel has come from a different batch? The front panel has 90 degree corners at the border but the rear was has rounded corners, is this also normal? I've looked around at pictures of Model S's but haven't come across any non-Tesla pictures from above to compare!

Cheers,
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Nosken

Nosken Member

I just looked at mine, it was quite overcast so I couldn't really get a read on the color. The color seem consistent. The difference is, the part of my roof over the passengers, the part that is stationary is partially rounded edges, and partially hard 90° Edge front and back. I'll try to get you a photo if I can, but it's storming pretty bad right now.
    Mine is a March 2015

3. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

Thanks Nosken