Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pano roof question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the pano roof have a sliding cover on the inside of the cabin that would allow you to not have the sun shining into the cabin?

In Arizona, where I am, I'd would be concerned that a pano roof with no way to slide a cover closed would let the inside get way too hot.

No it does not. However, it lets very little IR in, to the point that it's not worth tinting any further.

This has been my experience in Florida too. Unbelievable how little IR/heat is let through the pano. Drove about 600 miles from Sarasota to Tallahassee and back in a friend's Signature. Absolutely amazed at how the roof opens up the car but also how little heat it lets in. Needless to say, I ordered the pano! 49 days . . .

I have a buddy in SW Florida....you do not need these, it never get hot in his car and I have been there in July!

The panoramic roof sunshades are to keep it from being too light in the car when then pano is open. Also they are great for camping because they keep the bugs out. I don't believe they do much to actually cool the car. I have them and I really like them.