TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Pano roof question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by dweeks, Mar 1, 2016.

1. dweeks

dweeks Member

Does the pano roof have a sliding cover on the inside of the cabin that would allow you to not have the sun shining into the cabin?

In Arizona, where I am, I'd would be concerned that a pano roof with no way to slide a cover closed would let the inside get way too hot.

2. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

No it does not. However, it lets very little IR in, to the point that it's not worth tinting any further.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

4. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

While we are not as hot as AZ, it regularly gets to be over 110 here in the summer and I have not found it to be a problem. Sun shade or extra window tint on the pano roof can help if needed. .

5. Fcurvetweaker

Fcurvetweaker Member

6. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

This has been my experience in Florida too. Unbelievable how little IR/heat is let through the pano. Drove about 600 miles from Sarasota to Tallahassee and back in a friend's Signature. Absolutely amazed at how the roof opens up the car but also how little heat it lets in. Needless to say, I ordered the pano! 49 days . . .

7. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I have a buddy in SW Florida....you do not need these, it never get hot in his car and I have been there in July!

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The panoramic roof sunshades are to keep it from being too light in the car when then pano is open. Also they are great for camping because they keep the bugs out. I don't believe they do much to actually cool the car. I have them and I really like them.